Frequently Asked Questions
• If you have purchased your property in the last 5 years – you are probably overpaying in property taxes!
• If the property values in your neighborhood have gone down – you are probably overpaying in property taxes!
• If your neighbors are paying less property taxes than you – you are probably overpaying in property taxes!
Quite simply, assessed home values have not been adjusted by your town/ municipality to reflect the downward trend in real estate values over the past few years. Your property assessments are determined by a tax assessor who is an elected or appointed local official. Property taxes on the other hand are established by your local taxing jurisdiction that may be a school district, Town/ County or other entity.
Yes, every homeowner is qualified to file a grievance. You can bring a claim to a local Assessment Review Board, through a tax consultant who knows how to navigate the courts, how to complete the forms and what evidences are acceptable. We do all the paperwork to avoid mistakes and go to the Assessment Review Board appearances for you.
No! They can only stay the same. Your home will not be reassessed again until the infrequent event of a town-wide reassessment or if you do major home improvements.
No! You will not have to attend any court hearings, should it become necessary we will represent you. However if there is a reduction you will be responsible for the small claims filing fee of $30.00. This fee will be added to your invoice, but if there is no reduction there will be no fees charged to you.
High Taxes bring down property values; by reducing your taxes it increase the value of your home.
We get paid only if we are successful in getting your assessment reduced. Our fee is 50% of the first year’s tax savings. For example, let’s say if we succeed in getting your assessment reduced to $4,000 a year in real estate taxes, our fee would be 50% of $4,000 = $2,000 one time only. All future savings would be yours.
* HPTR is a company with proven record in successfully getting property taxes reduced!
* HPTR’s Harry Singh is a Property Tax Reduction Consultant with proven experience in Real Estate for over 20 years.
* HPTR will guide you effectively step-by-step to successful property tax reduction!
* HPTR’s knowledgeable office staff will provide you with the highest level of service and satisfaction!
* REMEMBER! YOU ARE BILLED ONLY IF WE ARE SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING YOUR TAXES REDUCED!